11.17.2013

Stylized Luxe X Firmoo

In elementary school, before I discovered my love for fashion, art, and sports, I was a complete bookworm. I would read my Baby-sitters Club novels during the day, and hide under my covers to read the R.L. Stine Goosebumps series after my bedtime. Of course these habits led to the demise of my perfect vision. Since my first pair of glasses in the second grade, I've only had four different frames: a Harry Potteresque version, a slightly cooler one, and two basic black frames. Why? Designer and even relatively stylish frames are outrageously expensive, even before the additional cost of lens prescriptions. 

At the age of 23, I finally discovered the solution: Firmoo. Firmoo.com is the world's most popular global online optical store and they aim to provide "Vision and Fashion the Frugal Way." Keep reading for my outfit and all the details on this revolutionary company.

(Glasses, courtesy of Firmoo - available here; Uniqlo turtleneck; Zara skirt and shoes; Fendi bracelet)

Meet Firmoo.com
Founded in 2009, Firmoo.com has quickly solidified its position as the leading online optical store in the world. By eliminating the expenses of brick and mortar stores, Firmoo.com is able to offer glasses and sunglasses styles that range from $8 to $68. However, the low prices never compromise the quality of eyewear. Firmoo.com offers resin lenses with anti-scratch hard coating from factories that produce 60% of the world's optical lenses. In addition, the optical professionals at Firmoo inspect the quality of the frame and accuracy of its lens prescription through all stages of the fitting. What I love about Firmoo.com is its awareness of the aesthetic functionality of eyeglasses. With trendy styles at affordable prices, Firmoo truly allows fashion-conscious consumers' dreams of creating an eyewear wardrobe a reality.

Virtual Try-On System
Firmoo.com combats the uncertainty of purchasing eyewear online with its Virtual Try-On System, which allows users to snap a photo or upload one of themselves and virtually experience the frames. Research indicates that 98% of Firmoo customers discovered their perfect match glasses in this way.

First Free Pair
For new customers, Firmoo.com offers a First Free Pair on eligible eyewear. All frames are complete with 1.50 single vision lenses, complimentary cases, cleaning cloth and other accessories. Use the code FIRMOOFREE to redeem at checkout.

Product Review
As a girl who once wore Harry Potter glasses, I love my new Firmoo frames. The retro style and marble grey pattern make it a beautiful combination of vintage and modern aesthetics. Black metal alloy arms and plastic covered tips also made it a comfortable fit. Other than the quality and style, the most important facts to know are the checkout process. Once you choose your frame, the page will prompt you to select how you will use your glasses (distance, reading, etc.). Next, it asks you to input your prescription starting with your PD, or Pupillary Distance. PD is the distance between your pupils in millimeters, which is very important for accurately fitting your lenses to achieve vision acuity. Lastly you enter your sphere (strength of prescription, such as -3.75 or -4.25) and cylinder, if you have astigmatism.

Overall, I was thrilled with the style, quality and speed with which I received my glasses. With all the color and style options, Firmoo makes it accessible for me to incorporate glasses into my wardrobe without investing too much money. What do you think about the way I styled my glasses, and are you tempted to experiment with Firmoo? Thank you for reading and I hope this was a helpful review!

46 comments:

  1. those glasses look so good on you! very stylish and thanks for the review!
    www.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous in these glasses! I love your entire look :)

    Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I really like yours! I'm now following you through GFC.

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review dear =) hope you could spare a time to check my blog. If you want to follow each other just let me know =) kisses http://anotsosecretlife2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice glasses!!

    http://www.bubblesandwindmills.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look beautiful!! i love your skirt!! do you want to follow each other? let me know =)

    www.lesley-kim.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous glasses :) they suit your face shape so well <3

    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear, thanks for your comment. We can follow each other, but please follow me first and I will follow back. ;) And let me know pls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog and photo's. I follow you, follow you back? <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the first photo. I think it looks like a perfect ad for Firmoo. oh and your skirt is beautiful too :)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  10. love firmoo! great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These glasses are wonderful and you look lovely!
    Yes, I would like to follow each other, I started following you on GFC.

    jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those glasses look perfect on you! Adore your skirt too!

    xx Karolina
    CARAMODE

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great frames, pics and review! I was a bookworm as a little girl, too! :) Still am, actually... Hugs, T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still am a bookworm too :) Hugs back! xo

      Delete
  14. Firmoo is great.
    And you made such a great choice...Those glasses look great on you :)

    mykindofjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi dear, love your style.
    Thanks for your comment on my blog, i follow you on GFC and Instagram.
    Follow me back!


    http://loshoppingaitempidellacrisi.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I used to read the same books, you've just reminded me of it now. The glasses look so great and classy on you. Thanks for your fashionable insight, may your week be an inspiring one :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing look! Thank you for you comment on my last post. Yes, I follow you now via GFC with pleasure!

    Shoponista blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the comment.
    I follow you now on GFC, hope you follow back:-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. ohh I really like your blog :) I'm following you now :*
    Do you wanna follow me ? ---> http://fashionkludi.blogspot.com/
    Kisses :*

    ReplyDelete
  20. so chic.. love how you kept the whole outfit relatively simple to show the glasses <3 followed back btw!

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE the frames on you Jess! I'm actually trying out a pair of their glasses too! Glad to hear you like them!

    xx
    www.starringsamantha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always hear great things about Firmoo glasses and those frames look amazing on you!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  23. Firmoo already knew, I seem to have some great models!
    It seems perfect follow us!

    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look great with these glasses. And love your skirt. :)
    Thx for your nice comment. Follow you, following back? :)
    fashionhappenss.blogspot.sk

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the glasses, such a statement! And thank you for stopping by my blog, it means so much!
    Sure we can follow each other, I am 100% following your blog, you look amazing!

    http://shybutsecretlyfab.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. http://xoprimaxo.blogspot.com/

    cool!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look fantastic with these!
    Mafalda ❤
    www.mafaldadotzero.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow! You are so amazing;)) Beautiful photos ;))!
    Thanks for visiting, I follow you! ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear! xoxo

      Delete
  29. hey dear, thx for your comment! sure, we can follow each other. following you now via instagram and gfc - now waiting for you!

    xx

    andysparkles
    Follow me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those frames are so unique and pretty!
    They look great on you :)
    www.voguevillain.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. You made a great choice! Love the white frames, which are a little more fun. And the outfit is so cool, love the floral skirt =)
    - Che

    style-che.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. They have so many gorgeous styles of glasses or sunglasses. But the glasses that you choose are so gorgeous and the outfit looks great with them x
    And yes we can follow each other by gfc,im already following you soo follow back(:
    http://thelittlefashionistafx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello lovely, thank you for the sweet comment on my blog, I really appreciate it! :)

    You have a wonderful blog, and I'm your newest follower!

    Looking forward to your next post! :)

    xoxoxoxox

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  34. nice blogg..:)

    darling follow you!!!

    pls follow me:33

    www.beautyandfashion-makeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I know exactly what you are talking about, I have been wearing glasses and contact lenses since I was five and to be honest I haven't had many pairs as well! The prices are so high and each shop has limited styles available, which is annoying! I will be definitely visiting Firmoo, I can't let the "first pair for free" go away! Love the glasses you chose, they look great on you! As always I absolutely love your outfit, you always look so chic.x
    xxxx
    Stephanie
    vidathings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steph! Glad to hear my story rings true for others too--thanks for sharing! Hope you have a successful try with Firmoo :)
      xo Jess

      Delete
  36. those frames really suit you well.. :)

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  37. Those are very pretty glasses and I love your shoes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi sweety :) sorry if i miss some of your post but i was very busy, i'm happy to know you are fine :) and WOW this glasses are very elegant and chic,
    Have a great day Clo

    http://redshoesforbreakfast.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lovely post and photos dear! Thanks for your comment in my blog, would you like to follow each other?:)

    http://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  40. You look gorgeous with these glasses! Great review, my dear!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow!! I chose the same glasses from Firmoo, I remember when I saw the photo on their site, I thouht "These glasses suits her a lot, she is so beautiful" and today I found out that that girl was you :))

    http://danadimitras.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete