10.24.2012

J. Mendel Bridal Press Preview

Hi everyone! Last week J. Mendel hosted a Bridal Press Preview for editors and bloggers to view the new bridal collection, whichI must sayis stunning. As their PR intern, I helped welcome the guests as well as dress our model, Liao Shiyu. Other than the occasional jammed zipper, leg cramps (from tippy-toeing to reach her 5'11 frame) and chignon surgery, everything on the PR side went smoothly. My favorite role of the day, however, was being the unofficial photographer for the VP of Digital. When I saw her taking pictures with her phone, I offered to help with my Nikon (which I brought just in case). We collaborated to post the photos real-time on our social media outlets, so that our fans could feel like they were participating too. With that, I shuffled back and forth from being a helper to participant; from backstage" to in the mix." Continue reading for some snapshots I took from the presentation.


Other than NYFW, this was one of the most hands-on experiences I had as an intern and I'm very happy to share these images with you on my humble blog. I hope you enjoyed your glimpse into the beautiful world of J. Mendel! Definitely check out his RTW pieces, which have been worn by celebrities including Emma Stone, Mila Kunis, Anne Hathaway, Taylor Swift, and even Michelle Obama. Thanks for reading and see you next week!

33 comments:

  1. Oh my, that plum gown is absolutely pretty<3
    & the bead work is amazing!


    So beautiful<3

    xoxo
    EV
    eviiarty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOveee the post! The dresses are amazing!! Loved every collection! I'm your newest follower! Keep in touch!

    Love,Nyt
    from
    BIG hair LOUD mouth
    BIG hair LOUD mouth Bloglovin
    BIG hair LOUD mouth Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those gorgeous purple flowery gown. Looks like worn by a greek goddess in our modern time.

    <3,
    Angie
    audrinajulia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful gowns, the pleated one is so simple and chic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These dresses are gorgeous ! Thank You so much for such a nice commemnt :)I used to be a model ;) ...of course following You now :)

    have a very nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. You have great blog! <3

    Would You like to follow each other?
    http://linde-lo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful! Thanks for checking out my blog. I am following you now... hope you follow me back.

    Much Love,
    amyklundt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like an amazing experience for you!
    The collection is breathtaking - great pics!

    xxo
    Ola
    www.stylesbyola.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lace dress is amazing!! lovely <3

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those dresses are gorgeous

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, you have the best job! The dresses are sensational, the detailing is quite amazing and your fab photos make great justice of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam! I really appreciate your comment :)

      Delete
  12. Wow stunning! I love the first two!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These dresses are so gorgeous!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this place looks awesome, and that woman looks so cool!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow you're job seems so interesting and fun! Good for you for getting the chance to show off your photography skills, the photos look great :) I'm a new follower~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie :) following you back! xo

      Delete
  16. Such a great post, my dear!

    Great blog too.

    we can follow each other if you want :)
    (via gfc, bloglovin, facebook)

    Have a wonderful weekend,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow those are so beautiful gowns!!

    milna89.blogspot.com
    *********************

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love seeing the PR side of fashion through your lens. It's so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie :) I'm very fascinated by fashion PR too

      Delete
  19. wow wow wow all the dresses are sooo beautiful!! im so jealous you get to intern there!!!! :P

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  20. Amazing post!

    2 words.. LOVE IT!

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't express myself about what I feel about these LOVELY pics and dresses!!!
    xx

    http://trendsconnections.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the J Mendel cute dresses !!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. these dresses are gorgeous! thank you for sharing <3

    xo
    osmiuminlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi ladies, thanks for all your lovely comments :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful dresses!

    http://thestyleattitude.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! gorgeous dresses and photos. You have such an elegant blog here...so glad we discovered each other:-)
    XO, Gina
    http://classyeverafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Like your post dear!
    Would u like to follow each other?
    kisses,
    http://keepitstylishandsexy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete