6.10.2012

Summer Neon

Hi everyone! Last month, I was lucky enough to get a private shoot with rising photographer, Khiem M. Tran. Even though I hadn’t seen him in two years, Khiem was kind enough to offer his expertise in support of my blog (though he usually charges $200 for a standard 3 hour shoot). Hence, I took a day out of my finals week to visit his studio where his lovely girlfriend (model, muse, makeup artist) Trang helped with the shoot. We chatted. We drank. We shot.

(Urban Outfitters dress; Zara belt, shoes; Michael Kors watch; Pour La Victoire bag) 

This fabulous neon-pink dress was on sale at Urban Outfitters for $29.99. I loved everything about it: the drapey and semi-sheer material, metallic stud embellishments along the neckline and front hem, and high/low split design. Studs, neon, asymmetry—these are all on trend for spring/summer 2012. I added a gold-plated waist belt from Zara to cinch the midsection and create some shape. I matched the frock with a strappy black sandal from Zara because I didn't want to overwhelm the senses with a chunky or colorful shoe.

My favorite summer purchase has to be the white Roma satchel from Pour La Victoire. This snake-embossed boxy satchel with leather handles, removable shoulder strap and brushed gold hardware induces uncontrollable and rapid heart palpitations every time I see it. Originally a $445 bag, I purchased it on sale at ideeli.com. For those unfamiliar with the site, I highly recommend it! What do you think about the look?

Before I go, I'd once again like to express my thanks to Khiem for the shoot! If you can, please like his Facebook page and check out his site as well as profile on 500px. Hope you had a great weekend everyone :) 

32 comments:

  1. Congrats on graduating! :) Nice pictures btw. That bag is absolutely beautiful!

    http://skinnyjeansandotherthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. youre back:) You looked so nice with the outfit. I didn't expect it to be from urban, but you made it look soo elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see that you're back! Congrats on graduating!
    Your dress is simply stunning!

    xoxo Lil
    www.studsandsapphires.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the comment you left on my blog!
    Congratulations on graduating!! You look stunning in these photos!
    I like many nail polish brands! Some of my favourites are:
    Rimmel, OPI, Barry M, Revlon, Nails Inc and Models Own.

    Natasha Carly x
    http://prettylittlelives.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations again!!! I love this outfit, so classy! This and your black jumpsuit are my favorites looks so far. Your hair is beautiful, it looks so soft and silky.

    -T

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a very busy couple of months, but very satisfying too. Congratulations on your graduation.

    Love from the NANA girls xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing!
    I followed you & hope you do the same :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous shoes !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beauty. i love your bag absolutely <3
    i like your blog. sure, we can follow each other. i'll follow you first. than your turn <3

    http://degeekyshinly.bogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh you're gorgeous!:) love your blog and your style! that pink dress looks so nice :) i'm following you now!
    xx Helmiina
    http://secretuntiltomorrow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi dear! tnks a lot for ur lovely comment (:
    omg! You look great with your pink dress!!!

    xx from
    http://heelsandroses.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  12. so glad to see you're back!! congrats on the big graduation darling.
    you look absolutely stunning in these photos. so refreshed.

    xxxo
    ola
    www.stylesbyola.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a classy outfit, love the bag the most! Wish you a great weekend sweetie!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jess,

    Congratulations on graduating and good luck on your internship. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment and it'd b a pleasure to follow each other. :)

    I graduated from BU SMG many moons ago (well not that many but I'm no longer the baby in my department).

    Your blog is so professional and I appreciate clean, simple layouts because it's easier to read and it makes your content stand out. I still have to re-do my blog but it takes sooo much time and effort to make sure it doesn't mess up the layout of the existing posts.

    Keep up the great work! You're so lucky to have a professional photographer at your disposal if only for this post. I'm camera shy so I feel most comfortable taking pictures in front of my mirrors at home. Maybe I'll graduate from my iPhone and get a real camera so my blog looks more professional. For now blogging is just something I do because I enjoy sharing and telling people about what I bought (if shopping were a class I'd probably ace it). ;)

    xo,

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look absolutely fabulous! That pink looks stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That dress is lovely! Now following.

    http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. That pink dress is absolutely stunning on you! Such a classy and polished look :)

    www.iwastakenbysurprise.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look so lovely in the dress. Your hair looks so healthy & pretty...Love it!
    I also have that bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. love this dress and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW I love your bright neon-pink one-piece dress!
    Very attractive :)
    I write something about fashion as well!
    Feel free to visit my blog,
    msamyaguilera.blogspot.com
    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh hi dear :)
    I'm now following your blog!
    If you like mine, you can follow me as well :)

    msamyaguilera.blogspot.com
    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely dress, and such nice jewellery! Like! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice bag!

    www.isle-of-view.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super gorgeous outfit!!Love the sandals! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. pink is my favorite color and you wear it beautifully! I LOVE your blog!! You have fantastic clothes :) following you!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love pink <3

    xx Olivia

    http://0liviaschoice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your dress!
    and the photos are soo pretty!!

    ELAtitude
    www.elatitude.si

    ReplyDelete